Monday, October 18, 2010

Sometimes people are hurtful

     I have some friends who it turns out have been complaining about me behind my back. I'm obviously not going to name names here because thats not right. And I'm not going to speak badly about them...because I never had a bad thing to say about them...I usually don't have a bad thing to say about anyone.
     One of these people said that she prayed for me, that she always prayed for me and that we were sisters in Christ. And yes, we are both Christian that is true. But how can you pray for someone and call them a sister in Christ but then complain about them behind their back?
     And another friend commented on my Friends post and said how nice it was and asked what it was about..so I emailed her and told her and never got an email back...
     I really do not like drama, and I really don't like when people speak badly about myself or anyone else. As women we all have issues to deal with. Stress and frustrations and concerns...we have so much of that from life in general. And we all have something about ourselves that make us self-conscious...even the most beautiful women have self-esteem issues. That is part nature and part society. And with society always telling us we aren't good enough, why do we need to have people in our lives telling us that too? I didn't think I did have toxic people in my life. I thought I had friends that were so close I could consider them family..and some of them are that close...but I didn't know that others felt the way they do about me and it hurts.
     And are there that many problems with me really? Do I have that many flaws in my personality? And yes we all have some bad habits or small character flaws, but aren't the people that care about you supposed to overlook those little flaws and love you in spite of them? Because that is what I do...
     So, what is your opinion? Am I wrong about how friends are supposed to act and if this happened to you wouldn't you feel hurt and betrayed? I just don't think it is right to hurt people like this...

2 comments:

~Dawn~ said...

Hello Rachel!! I'm a new follower to your lovely blog. I look forward to reading more.

Dawn @ Mom-a-Logues
http://www.mom-a-logues.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

Thanks for visiting! I'll follow back!