Sunday, October 10, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

     I just got home from a wonderful evening out with two of my dear friends and my lovely husband! We went to Big Papi's Grille and the movies (saw The Social Network). We had a great time and I am so thankful for the love (in all forms) that I have in my life. Another dear friend of mine was so thoughtful today and drove all the way to my house to give me my birthday present even though her day was full and she had a wedding to go to tonight.
     I love having the birthday that I have because it falls on a nice long weekend and its the day after my parents' anniversary. I will forever be reminded of the love they have for each other and that on the year that I was born I was their present to each other! (Corny I know, but even my parents say it, so it must be true!) So anyway, my birthday celebration isn't over yet! Tomorrow, my fabulous in-laws are throwing my birthday dinner (any meal and dessert I want--Seafood Payaya and Pumpkin Cheesecake!!!) Then on Monday, my best friend in all of the world (besides hubby) and I are going to lunch and the movies with another girlfriend!
     I love birthdays for many reasons, but the main reason is that it gives me a chance to take stock of where I am in my life and how far I have come. I look back on all of the years and look forward to the years to come. I don't know where we will be in 5 years....kids? a house? Who knows. I also love birthdays because I am reminded of everyone that stands beside me in this world and of all the people that love me. I know that no matter where I am in the future--or where I was in the past--those people were and always will be there for me. Thanks!!!!
"For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.

When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.

All the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be."

– Psalm 139:13-16 (NIV)
   

No comments: