Thursday, October 7, 2010

My Journey

     Welcome to my Journey! Today God gave me a verse, Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." If you are my close friend or family you know what my husband, Rich, and I have been struggling with. You know there have been some moral dillemmas that we have had to face. When it came down to it, my want and my need dictated our decision and my loving, sweet, wonderful husband has gone along with a choice that will effect us forever. As a Christian, I never thought I would make that choice. But then again, I never thought I would have to. Now before you jump to insane crazy conclusions, I will say this...no one was harmed, no one was hurt, and nothing was stolen.
     God has always put this want and this need into the front of my thoughts. It is a promise that He has given to me. This promise is the reason why I could make the decision I made without fear. Not all Christians would go my way. I would think that many who are in the more conservative camps would fight against me. But I have faced the moral dillemma and made my determination. The fact that God has persisted in His whisperings to me, that He is still so present in this Promise....that was all that I needed to know to continue on this path.
     My husband had resevations and fears. He fought with me. He pushed back. He reasoned. But ultimately, I knew that it was his fear mainly that we needed to overcome. One of my all time favorite Scriptures says "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7. I know that many humans live their lives in fear. But I have laid my fear at the Cross and truly have been blessed by God because of it. When I hurt, when I'm in a dangerous situation, when I'm faced with a major decision, I have no fears, but I truly believe that God will lead me, He will protect me, He will heal me. And even though my husband still fears for me, he is slowly accepting my confidence in God's plan. He is leaning on my decision and my faith and will continue to do so until God has fulfilled His promise to us. 
     Someday, those who read this blog and don't know me, will know what journey I've been on, and if it was just about me, I would share it all. But my husband is a much more private person than I am, and he would not appreciate it if I told everyone our business while we were going through it. So someday, maybe you will know and you will be able to relate to my journey...but maybe the mystery will pull you in and you will cheer us on as we go!

1 comment:

Stevie said...

I hope whatever youre going thru works out.
ill pray for u guys
-stevie