Monday, October 11, 2010

Friends...

     It has come to my attention that there has been some drama surrounding friendships in my group of friends. I will speak to what a friend is..because I believe it needs some clarification...
      I know not of what a friend isn't, but I know a lot about what a friend is. A true friend will be your cheerleader when you need them on your side. A true friend will never say a bad thing about you behind your back--if they need to talk to you about something they always will. A true friend (like a true love) will love you in spite of your faults--they will never expect you to change who you are. A true friend is one who is there at every happy moment and every heartbreaking moment without being asked. A true friend is loyal to a fault and will never support an injustice against you. A true friend is never fickle. A true friend is hurt when you are hurt and mad when you are mad. A true friend will listen to your deepest thoughts, desires and wishes.  A true friend will go out of their way for you without a thought...and they will never point out that it was out of their way. A true friend will do all of this and never expect it in return--even though their true friends will do all of this for them as well...not because they have to, but because it is just what you do.
     There are many other things that true friends do, but they are too numerous to list. When I think of my true friends, I only count a few, but it is not the number of friends I have that matters. It is the quality of those friendships.
     I do not write any of these words to be spiteful, because if you really knew me, you know I am not, nor have I ever been vindictive. I do not write these words to hurt, because it has never been my goal to hurt anyone...I am not that type of person. If you know me, you know that I am heartfelt, true, loyal, unselfish, frugal, corny, klutzy, honest (to a fault), talkative when I get nervous, open, moral, faithful, God-loving and full of joy. I am always willing to admit my mistakes and I hate fighting (even if sometimes I do). I get over things quickly because in the grand scheme of life, those little tiffs don't matter. Our lives go by much too quickly to hold grudges, to be mean and hurtful, and to pretend. I have lost people that have meant the world to me and I thank God that I never was fake in any way to those people...I will never be fake, I will always be honest and I will always live my life with my whole heart.

No comments: