Monday, March 26, 2012

I won!

So after everything has been said and done, I won the fitness challenge! I get to split the money with one other person and the real prize is the fact that I'm actually in good shape! It has been a few years since I could say that!

Last week while we experienced record high temps for New England, I raked and cleaned my yard with my husband for four hours! I couldn't have done that last year! And I hiked Purgatory with one of my 12 year old students--I had to slow down for him! Then we went to the Zoo on Friday and all three of the kids in my group kept having to remind me to slow down! It is a very exciting thing when you are in better shape than your teenage students--and a little sad for them...but maybe their teacher being in good shape will inspire them to be as well!

I haven't lost a ton of weight--just five pounds and I'm in between sizes so my jeans fit really well when they are first washed then by the end of the day they are a bit saggy, but I can live with that!
A ton of people say my body shape has changed, and I think that is just as important as any weight loss. So here is to continuing to live a healthy lifestyle and keeping active!

No comments: