Saturday, January 28, 2012

Healthy Living Update

So I am almost done my month long healthy living cleanse and I am three and a half weeks into my workout challenge! I thought I'd offer an update to the few out there who read this (not because all of the others don't care, but because I am so horrible at updating my blog!)

Anyway here goes.
Healthy Living Cleanse:
Things have gone well. I was not crazy psycho about everything with this cleanse. I knowingly and willingly ate cake on three birthdays (bro-in-law, mother-in-law and newphew), and ate cheesecake because I went to The Cheesecake Factory and will not refrain from cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory! And I ate pizza once because I was out with my students and was not going to deal with their short attention spans while I ate a salad (real food definitely takes longer to eat!) I did subsequently find out that even though I have been in denial for years, gluten and I are not friends--not at all. Four of the five times I ate it, I distinctly remember a sinus headache coming on within the half hour. Antihistamines worked, but maybe my environmental allergies are all to blame for the pounding of my sinuses at least twice a week!  So even when I go back to eating more foods on Thursday (I'm almost there!), I will refrain from gluten as much as possible and be prepared with antihistamines just in case!

Workout Challenge:
Now this is amazing even for me! I have worked out 6/7 days a week for the last 3 and a half weeks! I am in the lead with a few others who are keeping up with this challenge as much as I am! I'm psyched! I am not always the most competitive person, but with this I will absolutely not miss a day!

So this New Year, New Me stuff is working out pretty good and I am not stopping!

No comments: