Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cookies!

I love sweets...I crave them every now and then and I need something that is rich and decadent when I crave sweets....if I crave a cookie, I want a hearty, rich, decadent cookie...so tonight, I realized that I had purchased sugar free chocolate chips and I didn't want to wait until Saturday to use them in chocolate chip pancakes, so I decided to make cookies. But when you are trying to eat healthy and lose weight, cookies don't really fit in when they are in their "traditional form." I did a little internet hunting and decided to go to Bethenny Frankel's website to look for a recipe, because lets face it, I think she's awesome.
So I found this yummy recipe for your enjoyment! Its good if you like the taste of banana because you can taste it...however, there are no eggs or oils or butter but the cookie is still rich and satisfying! Oh and they are EASY and quick!

Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 1/2 cups oat flour (I substituted whole wheat flour)
3/4 cups rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup raw sugar
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1 teaspoon canola oil
1/3 cup soy milk (I used skim milk)
1/2 banana puree (1 medium-size banana)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Combine all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together, until well combined.
4. Use a medium-size ice cream scoop or a large spoon to scopp batter onto a cookie sheet covered with wax paper. (I made some with an ice cream scoop and cut the other half of the batch in half to create smaller cookies) (I also found that I needed to flatten the cookies down, but I didn't puree the banana, I just mashed it a bit).
5. Bake for 12 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through, or bake until the edges of the cookies are light brown. (The 12 minutes is spot on!)


So enjoy a healthy, yummy cookie that tastes like something real!

No comments: