Thursday, November 18, 2010

I am creative, not crafty!

     So my husband and I made a trip to Loew's tonight. We made a deal that I would look at ALL of the wonderful home improvement things while he looked at all of the wonderful tools. So I looked at many Christmas magazine while he drooled over tools and one of them made me roll my eyes. The crafts for Christmas were perfect, but took up so much time...things that Stepford Wives would endeavor. When we are chasing away the days trying to get all of the normal life things done, where is the time to be that perfect?
     Here's the thing, I believe that crafts are fun, but I don't take time for them because I would much rather spend time with my husband, friends, and family. I do like small crafts that I can do while watching TV in the living room with the hubby, but I tried the craft thing for a while and it kind of fizzles when I got married.
     Now saying that, if you love crafts, go for it! All the power to you. Its a great endeavor, but it is time consuming. I did find a Better Homes and Gardens "food gifts" magazine that had fun make yourself gifts that were much more reasonable (time wise and money wise) and I definitely plan on giving some of these away as gifts! But I will let you perfectionists and Type-As out there try the more time consuming magazines--I'm sticking with the make it in an evening kind of things!

No comments: